Extreme Weather Chase Team Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is for everyone! Discuss everything weather. Register and log-in to see more!

Team Website  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  Radar  Chaser Links  ExWx PortalExWx Portal  RegisterRegister    Log in  

Elections for administrative roles of Extreme Weather.

Go down 
3 posters

Hold Elections Now
Yes
Elections for administrative roles of Extreme Weather. Vote_lcap67%Elections for administrative roles of Extreme Weather. Vote_rcap
 67% [ 4 ]
No
Elections for administrative roles of Extreme Weather. Vote_lcap33%Elections for administrative roles of Extreme Weather. Vote_rcap
 33% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 6

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Marc
Administrator
Administrator
Marc

Number of posts : 925
Registration date : 2008-04-26

Elections for administrative roles of Extreme Weather. Empty
PostSubject: Elections for administrative roles of Extreme Weather.   Elections for administrative roles of Extreme Weather. EmptyMon 9 Nov 2009 - 16:10

*Elections for administrative roles of Extreme Weather*

As I said after the recreation of the EXWX Team I wanted to have an election process for the Team Leader role and after discussion reguarding a team bank account there needs to be a team treasurer. I think the assistant admin could be determined by the elected admin.

The plan was to hold elections at the end of each season to run from Aug-Aug So the transfer could be ready in Sept. This is currently a very small team but as the current team lead I want to avoid the pains of the past. Our fist election did not take place due to the transition. This poll is determine if we should hold elections now, or after the 2010 season. There is still lots of work to be done such as team charter, coc, and or mission/vision.

I will leave this poll open for 30 days or until everyone has voted whichever comes first.

Please cast your vote on this as I feel it is important for our leadership to be elected by the team. If anyone has ideas on term length or other things please feel free to post your comments. If you don't feel comfortable posting those in public feel free to pm me and your comments/concerns will be reviewed and you will remain anonymous.

This is an up or down vote and vote cancelling will not be allowed. This is not the forum to start campaining.
Back to top Go down
http://sdstormchase.wordpress.com
Marc
Administrator
Administrator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: Elections for administrative roles of Extreme Weather.   Elections for administrative roles of Extreme Weather. EmptyMon 9 Nov 2009 - 17:35

Just to clarify forum administration is seperate from team administration.
Back to top Go down
NW-SKYWARN
EF-1 Tornado
EF-1 Tornado
NW-SKYWARN

Number of posts : 276
Registration date : 2009-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Elections for administrative roles of Extreme Weather.   Elections for administrative roles of Extreme Weather. EmptyTue 10 Nov 2009 - 5:16

Ohhhh WOW some voted no!!! I think there is a few who is afraid to see some certen people in office.... This could get interisting.
Back to top Go down
http://airforcecowboyc_17@yahoo.com

PostSubject: Re: Elections for administrative roles of Extreme Weather.   Elections for administrative roles of Extreme Weather. EmptyTue 10 Nov 2009 - 7:56

For the Record I talked to Marc about this yesterday, I voted YES!!
Back to top Go down
Joe
Webmaster/ExWx Media
Webmaster/ExWx Media
Joe

Number of posts : 616
Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Elections for administrative roles of Extreme Weather.   Elections for administrative roles of Extreme Weather. EmptyTue 10 Nov 2009 - 16:09

Hmm, interestingly enough. Curious how this will turn out.
Back to top Go down
Marc
Administrator
Administrator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: Elections for administrative roles of Extreme Weather.   Elections for administrative roles of Extreme Weather. EmptyTue 10 Nov 2009 - 16:42

Agreed Joe, Should be an interesting campaign. After this poll it will be interesting to see who wants to run.
Back to top Go down
Joe
Webmaster/ExWx Media
Webmaster/ExWx Media
Joe

Number of posts : 616
Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Elections for administrative roles of Extreme Weather.   Elections for administrative roles of Extreme Weather. EmptyTue 10 Nov 2009 - 16:45

So if we do hold elections, what are electing for? Just team lead?
Back to top Go down
Marc
Administrator
Administrator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: Elections for administrative roles of Extreme Weather.   Elections for administrative roles of Extreme Weather. EmptyTue 10 Nov 2009 - 16:46

Team lead and treasurer
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Elections for administrative roles of Extreme Weather.   Elections for administrative roles of Extreme Weather. EmptyTue 10 Nov 2009 - 19:05

I said we should do it now cause its our down time. And whoever wins it can start that role i wanna sat Jan 1st. so that way its always at the new year. What does everyone else think??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Elections for administrative roles of Extreme Weather.   Elections for administrative roles of Extreme Weather. EmptyThu 12 Nov 2009 - 12:01

Im just gonna say what I feel here.. I honestly dont care who does what, who ever is team leader for whatever reason. Me personally I see eather Marc or Forrest typically being the head of everything and yet at the same time we all have different responseablitys. However thats not to say that I wont speak my mind about things, considering thats what im doing right now.

I see myself as the guy who edits the videos and does media related things and gets the shot (to say).. I see myself as doing things how I want to do them within reason of course. We are friends, a team, a group. I see no one as a boss or as saying you do this or do that, suggest it, do tell it. We dont get paid for this by anyone.

I also may be taking this whole thing the way wrong way as well i dont know. I see marc as the know it guy when we need help for computer related and software. I see forrest as the guy for getting data and the fixer upper for vehicles. I see Derick sorta the the marketing guy I guess you could say since he some what supplies us all with car graphics and similar items other than what mark does for the online store. I see Rob as the more out reach person that attracks the bigger guns to have a look at us and see what we can offer to them as well for them to us. Joe is the website guy who creates and helps with making things look good as well as Marc does.

We all have our own thing but that thing we do also resembles us within the team for what we do. We arent assigned to do really anything, it just ended up happening that way.
Back to top Go down
Marc
Administrator
Administrator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: Elections for administrative roles of Extreme Weather.   Elections for administrative roles of Extreme Weather. EmptyThu 12 Nov 2009 - 13:21

Well said Jason. We are currently looking at all of this and the poll was to guage what the membership would like to see in the future. And your are correct in saying that no one is the boss. Thats not what this is about.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Elections for administrative roles of Extreme Weather.   Elections for administrative roles of Extreme Weather. EmptyThu 12 Nov 2009 - 16:13

sd938 wrote:
Well said Jason. We are currently looking at all of this and the poll was to guage what the membership would like to see in the future. And your are correct in saying that no one is the boss. Thats not what this is about.

Yes i would have to agree with both of you. The way i see it we ALL run the site, Hell if it was for Marc and I Extreme Weather wouldn't be here at all. This year we need to set up Goals and what not for what we wanna catch for Wx. We all agree on Tornadoes. Cant chase without them. Now as far as what Jason said about what we all do we should be assigned to Certain things. Like myself I'm the Equipment Guy! At some point we need to have a Team Meeting and sit down and talk about all this. Right now would be a good time saying its the Off season. We can either meet at Marc's or at my place and have a few drinks and all just talk about it. It would be the 3 of us. Myself, Jason, Marc, and Derek. And then Marc can come on and fill Joe and Rob and the rest of the team on whats gonna happen for next year. Next year we need to be on our A game. And if i cant make it out then ill ride with Marc or Jason. Just hope i can have the money by spring cause of my hours being cut. And for next year we need to figure out what month we are gonna do the Vacation, I was thinking maybe June or July. And I'm gonna take 2 weeks off from work. So EVERYONE Let us know what u have for Vacation time and what good month we all should leave on! So lets make this happen Boys and girls.. Chase 2 OUT!!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Marc
Administrator
Administrator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: Elections for administrative roles of Extreme Weather.   Elections for administrative roles of Extreme Weather. EmptyThu 12 Nov 2009 - 16:48

We're getting some great feedback here and that in essence is what we're looking for. I have almost completed the team charter that document will explain how the team will be run right down to how decisions will be made and voted on. Also the COC will be completed by weeks end and that will dictate what the expectations of team members will be and proper use of the EXWX name and logo. Both of these documents will be decided on and posted in the forum for all to read. Sounds as though team members want to have a role but where this get tricky is once that role is defined you will be expected to get it done because other members will be relying on it. Unfortunatly it will get to be like a job. Once the documents are posted we will discuss and ratify them as needed. Alot of this is in responce to emails I have recieved both inside and outside of the team as well things currently happening in the chaser world. Again any questions everyone knows how to get in touch with me. Some of you may not want rules but it is necessary or this isn't really a team.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Elections for administrative roles of Extreme Weather.   Elections for administrative roles of Extreme Weather. EmptyThu 12 Nov 2009 - 16:50

Oh Yes. We do need Rules and Guidelines. No If's AND's or BUTS's about it!!! Thats what keeps everything in Check!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Elections for administrative roles of Extreme Weather.   Elections for administrative roles of Extreme Weather. EmptyFri 13 Nov 2009 - 11:27

Just to clarify something on my personal part. Although I do not feel as I myself want to be a team leader, that is not to say that if something where to happen then id be a backup source for whatever it may be. Ill step up if and when needed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Elections for administrative roles of Extreme Weather.   Elections for administrative roles of Extreme Weather. EmptyMon 4 Jan 2010 - 3:07

So its past Jan 1st. Do we have a idea on who's gonna run this??
Back to top Go down
Marc
Administrator
Administrator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: Elections for administrative roles of Extreme Weather.   Elections for administrative roles of Extreme Weather. EmptyMon 4 Jan 2010 - 8:53

Yes you are stuck with me this season
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Elections for administrative roles of Extreme Weather.   Elections for administrative roles of Extreme Weather. EmptyMon 4 Jan 2010 - 9:39

Marc wrote:
Yes you are stuck with me this season

Oh DAMN. Not you again! I mean WTH?? LMFAO J/K [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Elections for administrative roles of Extreme Weather.   Elections for administrative roles of Extreme Weather. EmptyTue 5 Jan 2010 - 1:55

I dont mind
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Elections for administrative roles of Extreme Weather.   Elections for administrative roles of Extreme Weather. EmptyTue 5 Jan 2010 - 9:37

Jason wrote:
I dont mind

It was a joke FOO [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elections for administrative roles of Extreme Weather.   Elections for administrative roles of Extreme Weather. Empty

Back to top Go down

Elections for administrative roles of Extreme Weather.
Page 1 of 1