Extreme Weather Chase Team Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is for everyone! Discuss everything weather. Register and log-in to see more!

Team Website  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  Radar  Chaser Links  ExWx PortalExWx Portal  RegisterRegister    Log in  

Our Overall Mission Statement

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Marc
Administrator
Administrator
Marc

Number of posts : 925
Registration date : 2008-04-26

Our Overall Mission Statement Empty
PostSubject: Our Overall Mission Statement   Our Overall Mission Statement EmptySat 20 Feb 2010 - 16:18

After many discussions and deliberation we have decided our overall mission and that is to:

"Safe and responsible documentation of severe weather events."

I'll break it down slightly. Look into the meaning further if you wish and think about how it applies to our code of conduct you'll it comes back to this basic foundation

• Saftety- is pretty easy to understand but always remember this "If you die getting the best footage, chance are the video did not survive either. Which means the world gained nothing for your death but loss and sadness.
  • Responsible documentation- documentation thats all we're doing. Through that activity there are other benefits to communities such as warning of impendening danger from tornados, helping those in need after an event. But also recognizing when you help is no longer needed then it's time to leave.
  • Finally shareing what we learn chasing severe weather and seeing what we see with the communities in which we live and work. This may include shareing some photos with a school or the NWS. Perticipate in public weather events when available. Why not at the very least help protect your neighbors.
Back to top Go down
http://sdstormchase.wordpress.com
NW-SKYWARN
EF-1 Tornado
EF-1 Tornado
NW-SKYWARN

Number of posts : 276
Registration date : 2009-08-01

Our Overall Mission Statement Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our Overall Mission Statement   Our Overall Mission Statement EmptySat 20 Feb 2010 - 21:27

You got my approval. I the first one cracked me up.... so true...
Back to top Go down
http://airforcecowboyc_17@yahoo.com

Our Overall Mission Statement
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Extreme Weather Chase Team Community Forum :: Announcements :: General Announcments-
Jump to: