Extreme Weather Chase Team Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is for everyone! Discuss everything weather. Register and log-in to see more!

Team Website  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  Radar  Chaser Links  ExWx PortalExWx Portal  RegisterRegister    Log in  

What do you think?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Joe
Webmaster/ExWx Media
Webmaster/ExWx Media
Joe

Number of posts : 616
Registration date : 2009-05-24

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: What do you think?   What do you think? EmptyMon 14 Jun 2010 - 1:13

This is a screen capture from Mark E.'s video that we took while catching lightning from a dying tornado warned cell just north of Stratton, CO on June 11th. This cell was very intense for a short while with a massive inflow tail. We didn't notice this until now.

What do you think? This "spot" at the base of the storm was consistently present throughout the entire video.

What do you think? Img_13062010_224059
Back to top Go down
USN DevilDolphin
USN DevilDolphin

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2009-08-01

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? EmptyMon 14 Jun 2010 - 2:24

Looks like a small tornado to me. Its way too small to be a rain shaft. At first I was thinking it was just a blip in the camera shot, but if you say it was consistant in the video, my vote is tornado.
Back to top Go down
Joe
Webmaster/ExWx Media
Webmaster/ExWx Media
Joe

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? EmptyMon 14 Jun 2010 - 2:54

Yes, the darker line under the base was consistent for well over 8 minutes of video.
Back to top Go down
Marc
Administrator
Administrator
Marc

Number of posts : 925
Registration date : 2008-04-26

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? EmptyMon 14 Jun 2010 - 7:08

It certainly could be a tornado. Curious to see the video and if it will show any motion.
Back to top Go down
http://sdstormchase.wordpress.com
joe_2mill
Team Administrator
Team Administrator
joe_2mill

Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2009-11-12

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? EmptyMon 14 Jun 2010 - 7:15

It most def could be a nado... I'm with marc, I would also like to see the video just to see if there are any changes in the "blip" like curving or if it is straight the entire 8 min...
Back to top Go down
http://www.drylinechasing.blogspot.com
Joe
Webmaster/ExWx Media
Webmaster/ExWx Media
Joe

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? EmptyMon 14 Jun 2010 - 14:09

Mark E. has the video, he posted part of it on Facebook. It was very difficult to see any storm movement (except away from us) because it was so dark. As for the blip, there was no discernible movement except that it remained there for several minutes. We didn't even notice it until now because the lightning was so scarce. The storm was much larger than it looks in this screenshot, and had gotten smaller. There were several wall clouds that we could see while it went passed us, and while driving north of that town I noticed a very large, and defined inflow tail.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? Empty

Back to top Go down

What do you think?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Extreme Weather Chase Team Community Forum :: Weather Related :: Severe Weather-
Jump to: