Extreme Weather Chase Team Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is for everyone! Discuss everything weather. Register and log-in to see more!

Team Website  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  Radar  Chaser Links  ExWx PortalExWx Portal  RegisterRegister    Log in  

Gotta Love Western Washington Weather!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
USN DevilDolphin
USN DevilDolphin

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2009-08-01

Gotta Love Western Washington Weather! Empty
PostSubject: Gotta Love Western Washington Weather!   Gotta Love Western Washington Weather! EmptyFri 2 Apr 2010 - 20:28

OK, I thought it was April.........time for spring, right? Well I guess Mother Nature decided to play an April's Fools day trick just a day late. This morning started out with the normal western Washington weather cold and rain......lots and lots of rain...... So I make it indoors at work, and after being inside for 10 minutes, I walk outside to total white. In just 10 minutes that pouring rain turned into huge snow flakes that had the ground and vehicles completely covered in about a 1/4 inch of snow. The snow lasted for about an hour and a half, and we ended up getting about an inch and a half where I was. On my lunch break I went home and took a couple pics. Don't get me wrong, I am from Indiana, so an inch and a half of snow doesn't even make for a water cooler conversation.....but an inch and a half of snow in western Washington in April where they hardly even get snow to begin with.....now thats kind of crazy around here. Of course, being that this was the first "big" snowfall of the 2009/2010 winter season here, it was kind of nice to see, cause I definately miss the snow being so far away from home. A couple hours after the snow fell, the rain returned to melt every bit of the snow, but thankfully, not before I was able to strategically guide and accurately plant a few snow ball missiles center mass at a few moving human targets while taking cover to avoid return fire.... Now, its turning into early evening, and the rain is gone, the sun is shining, and the trees look like they are about to be uprooted by the 40 to 60 MPH wind gusts. Gotta love western Washington weather......Rain, snow, rain, sun, wind, all within about a 10 hour period.

Gotta Love Western Washington Weather! 100_1523

Gotta Love Western Washington Weather! 100_1524
Back to top Go down
Marc
Administrator
Administrator
Marc

Number of posts : 925
Registration date : 2008-04-26

Gotta Love Western Washington Weather! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gotta Love Western Washington Weather!   Gotta Love Western Washington Weather! EmptySat 3 Apr 2010 - 9:46

Had almost 2 feet of snow here in the Black Hills yesterday. Spring is off to a late start.
Back to top Go down
http://sdstormchase.wordpress.com

Gotta Love Western Washington Weather!
Page 1 of 1